Monday 24 April 2017

Need help defining and using 45 degree face mill

When trying to define a tool for face milling, I am unable to find a tool that gives the option of having an angle associated with it, radius seems to be the option.  45 degree face mills are a fairly common tool, how can I define this tool?  I am trying to face the part, and then mill the 45 degree angle in the part all with the same tool.  Aside of being unable to define the 45 degree face mill under face milling, I am also unable to use a face mill for chamfer milling.  The cam software that is being replaced does this job all with the same tool, and it is my job to replicate that.  What would be the easiest way to do this in Creo?

Here the part needs to be face milled, and then using the same 45 degree face mill needs to mill the highlighted 45 degree chamfer.
Capture.JPG

This is the tool I am using.

Capture1.JPG

Go to Source

The post Need help defining and using 45 degree face mill appeared first on Statii News.



source http://news.statii.co.uk/need-help-defining-and-using-45-degree-face-mill/

No comments:

Post a Comment