Saturday 24 March 2018

First Step Towards Your Analytics Career Transition

2003.

I was just a 25-year-old bumming around, doing coding or advertising or throwing clay on a potter’s wheel.

Waiting to find my true passion. It had to be out there.

How could I find it?

How can you find it?

Maybe my story can help.

I had a master’s in computer engineering so, naturally, a programming job at a local research lab sounded like the right step. Wrong. It didn’t feel right. I left.

I took a job on the opposite end of the spectrum—as an Adsense coordinator with Google. Google was poised for an IPO; being part of it all was anyone’s dream job! But not for me. It didn’t feel right, either. I left Google pre-IPO, causing a huge disappointment to my family.

For the next 2 years, I kept searching for my true passion.

And then. Then. I discovered Analytics. I was browsing for jobs on craigslist. I saw the job description for a senior analyst position with Adobe and knew I had found my calling! The job description described me!!

The interviewers saw my fire. They offered me the job on the spot.

That’s when I learned “knowing your calling” and “being able to deliver” are two different things.

In 2005, when I took the job as an Analyst at Adobe, I didn’t really know how to take my two master’s degrees and my background in statistical and quant and apply them to solve a business problem.

But I was passionate about driving decisions using data. That passion and drive to learn set me apart. Eventually, I got better. A lot better.

Today I have personally trained thousands of professionals in analytics, including data scientists at companies like Apple. I have driven $200M+ in revenue impact from personal hands-on analytics work. I write for publications like Forbes and HBR. My client list includes Google, Box, Sutter Health, Microsoft and many more. I am an author of an Amazon bestseller book on Analytics. I keynote at Analytics conferences like Predictive Analytics World. I get hired by Microsoft, AT&T, and other corporate clients to coach their leadership teams in data science. My last corporate role was heading up Business Analytics at PayPal for North America.

So how did I get here? How did that 25-year-old, bumming around doing coding or advertising or throwing pots on a wheel find her true passion in analytics and become an industry leader in data science?

And how do you get there?

Let me walk you through the process. It doesn’t matter where you are in your journey. If Analytics is calling you, if you love puzzles, if you like finding patterns and relationships, if you like driving impact, if you are ready to find your passion, then attend my FREE masterclass on 5 Steps To Successfully Transition Your Career To Analyticslive on March 29th, 5PM PDT

If you dream of a career in data science, then register today and I will guide you through a step-by-step DIY process to turn your dreams into reality.

Read More Here

Article Credit: Forbes

Go to Source

The post First Step Towards Your Analytics Career Transition appeared first on Statii News.



source http://news.statii.co.uk/first-step-towards-your-analytics-career-transition/

No comments:

Post a Comment